"They say that music cures all ills and has a way of uplifting the soul when it is down.
The very first time I heard Kim Moberg at the NERFA 2017 Suzi Wollenberg Folk DJ showcase, that very thought came to mind.
Kim has a way of uplifting the spirit when it's down and filling one's heart and mind with hope.
She is a fresh voice on the scene and definitely wows a crowd. The world is a much brighter place with Kim Moberg."
-Jon Stein, Hootenanny Cafe, WTBQ Orange County, NY
At the age of 14, Kim began playing acoustic guitar on a borrowed nylon 6 string, earning lessons by typing lyric and chord sheets for students who were taking guitar lessons from her mother. A few years later, she purchased a Gibson Epiphone guitar and taught herself to strum and finger pick to her favorite music from the '70's -- James Taylor, Jackson Browne, The Beatles, -- but debilitating stage fright kept her from pursuing her dream of becoming a professional performer. In 2014, after a hiatus from music to focus on a business career, marry and raise two daughters, Kim set out to overcome her stage fright and wrote her first song. Kim is now a professional singer/songwriter who performs both as a solo artist and in collaboration with other musicians.
Kim draws inspiration from both traditional and contemporary musical forms of Americana, Folk, and Country genres. A self taught finger pick style acoustic guitarist, Kim's passionate and heartfelt vocals mesmerize listeners while her compositions tug at feelings of melancholy, heartbreak and healing and speak to reunion, awakening and social consciousness.
Kim's debut CD entitled "Above Ground”, celebrates the achievement of her goal to bring her music out of the basement. Produced by Grammy nominated producer Jon Evans, "Above Ground" was released worldwide in September 2017 to much acclaim in the Folk world with 2 songs charting on the International Folk DJ chart.
Her single “In December” was released on the Hudson Harding Music compilation record “The Longest Night of the Year” and charted at #12 on the International Folk DJ charts.
Kim teamed again with Jon Evans to record her sophomore CD “Up Around The Bend” which was released world-wide in December 2020 and has received worldwide airplay and critical acclaim.
Kim's recent accomplishments include:
-2021 Recording Academy / Grammys Class of 2021
- 2021 “21 Steps (Ballad for the Unknowns)” #17 Folk Alliance International Folk DJ Top Song
- 2021 “Up Around The Bend” #43 Folk Alliance International Folk DJ Top Album
- 2021 Folk Alliance International Showcase Artist | International Indigenous Music Summit
- 2021 Rocky Mountain Songwriting Contest Finalist
- 2021 Finalist Great American Songwriting Contest Folk/Americana
- 2020 "Up Around The Bend” #62 Folk Alliance International Folk DJ Top Albums of The Year
- 2020 CT Folk Grassy Hill Songwriting Competition Winner (1 of 5 Winners)
- 2020 Corpus Christi Songwriters Spring Songwriters Contest 2nd Place
- 2020 "Up Around The Bend" cd #31 Folk Alliance International Folk DJ Chart
- 2020 Folk Alliance International Scholarship Grantee
- 2020 International Indigenous Music Summit / Folk Alliance International Performing Artist
- 2019 Music City (Nashville) SongStar Semi-Finalist Fall
- 2019 Finalist Blues & Roots Radio Song Contest
- 2018 1st Place Rose Garden Coffee House Performing Songwriter Competition
- 2018 2nd Place Linden Tree Coffee House Winter Potpourri American Idol Folk
- 2018 ”Above Ground” cd #23 Folk Alliance International Folk DJ Chart
- 2018 “In December” single #12 Folk Alliance International Folk DJ Chart
- 2017 NERFA Suzi Wollenberg DJ Showcase Performing Artist
Kim is a regionally touring artist whose resume includes sharing the stage with numerous established and contemporary artists including Jim Kweskin, Bill Staines, Kirsten Maxwell, Ellis Paul, Joe Jencks, Vance Gilbert, Catie Curtis, Cheryl Wheeler, Alice Howe, Louise Mosrie Coombs, Rod Abernethy, Grace Morrison, Rupert Wates and Tom Prasada-Rao.
She has performed at Coffee Houses, Festivals and House Concerts including the legendary Club Passim, Rose Garden Coffee House, Circle of Friends Coffee House, Linden Tree Coffee House, Off The Common Coffee House and Coffee House At The Mews.
Kim is a strong believer in the importance of giving back and being actively involved.
She offers her music at events to support her local community such as founder and
host of the monthly Craigville Coffeehouse Open Mic, founder and co-event manager of the Sandwich Arts Alliance PorchFest, serving as a board member for Vinegrass (a non-profit organization that provides scholarships for music students www.vinegrass.org). In addition, Kim has donated her talents to political fundraisers, community and charity events, including her annual "Concert For Kelly", a benefit concert named for her sister to raise awareness about metastatic breast cancer.
Kim's professional affiliations include membership in the
-Recording Academy (Grammys), American Society of Composers
-Authors and Publishers (ASCAP)
- Folk Alliance International (FAI)
-Americana Music Association (AMA)
-Rhode Island Songwriters Association (RISA)
-Sandwich Arts Alliance (SAA)
Kim and Rob Moberg are the hosts of THE GREEN ROOM HOUSE CONCERTS, a music and community series that presents touring musicians. The series is a member in good standing of the FOLK ALLIANCE INTERNATIONAL and meets all the criteria of the Official House Concert agreement between FAI, BMI and ASCAP. For a calendar of events, please visit THE GREEN ROOM HOUSE CONCERTS tab.
"I had the honor last night of being a judge again in the Rose Garden Coffeehouse Songwriter Competition.
Congrats to Kim Moberg who really shone bright last night.
She will be a songwriter to watch in the coming years!
Great songwriting, delivery, musicianship, topics, comfort on the stage and with her audience."
-Robert Haigh, Judge, 2018 Rose Garden Coffee House Songwriter Competition
"Kim Moberg has created a project that features not only her lovely voice
but a songwriting style that can easily transition from the gentle
Americana-tinged ballads to thoughtful protest songs.
Above Ground is well worth a listen!"
-Joe Pszonek Radio Nowhere | Joltin Joe Pszonek Finnegan's Wake
(pc: Rachel Moberg)